Friday, July 30, 2021

Seek contentment

 Man sitting in a small office, leaning back in his chair with his feet on the desk, staring out the window. #contentment #reflection #peace or maybe #discontent #depression #anxiety Seek a #counselor or #therapist if you need help Image by Steve DiMatteo from Pixabay

When I graduated from high school, I had my whole life planned out. Unfortunately, I didn't involve God in my plans and actually, turned away from Him when I got to college. From there, my life was a downward spiral to destruction. It weighed on me for over twenty-five years until I reconnected with God. That connection made a huge difference in my life, but I still struggled with negative feelings from my past.
     It wasn't until I found a remarkable counselor that I was finally able to work through my past and move on.
     I've heard people say lately: 
  • "I don't need a therapist. I just need to pray more and read the Bible more." 
  • "I'll be fine. I'm giving it all up to God." 
  • "Time heals all wounds." 
     All of those things help and are a great first line of defense, but what if God wants you to seek counsel? What if He directed you here to plant the seed? God gives people the gift and education to help others for a reason. 
     So if you are struggling right now. If you cannot possibly be content because of something happening in your life, or in your past, please consider seeking the counsel of those who can help you.
     Your church may have people to help you. But, if not, here are some resources.
Faithful Counseling (Christian organization)
K-Love (Yes, the music station. They have pastors on staff to help you.)
Psychology Today (If using this link, I encourage you to find a Christian counselor and one who does EMDR - at least, it worked for me.) 

The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Psalm 34:10 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for contentment for ourselves and others. May we rest in the hope of Jesus Christ. Pray that those who do not have a personal relationship with Christ come to know Him. Pray that we recognize the daily blessings that God bestows on us. He provides for all of our needs. Let us be thankful for having food, water, shelter, and clothing. Praise God for His unfailing love and grace.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #contentment #peace #hope #prayer #faith #love #sufficient #needs #ChristAlone #counselor #therapist #seek #Psalms

No comments:

Post a Comment