Tuesday, July 6, 2021

My steps under me

 

Yesterday we traveled by ferry to Mackinac Island. There are no motor vehicles here, so the only modes of transportation are walking, horse-drawn carriages, or cycling. So, our concept of what's within walking distance has changed overnight. It's amazing what you can do when you have to. We've done so much walking today that I'm exhausted. We're having a great time, don't get me wrong, it's just some vacations are more strenuous than others. Hopefully, I'm working off the fudge I've been munching on.
     When I searched about how far Jesus traveled during His lifetime, I came across Arthur Blessitt's website, where he did an extensive study on this very subject. I hope you'll take the time to read it. Click here.

An excerpt from that:
  Grand Total Miles Jesus walked on trips! 21,525 Miles (34,640 km)
  An average of 20 miles (32 km) a day on all His journeys would mean that Jesus spent at least 1,076 days and nights on the road in his life! This is a total of Two Years, 346 days on the road in his life! All these miles He walked by the age of 33.
  The distance around the world at the equator is 24,901.55 miles (40074 km).
  This means that Jesus ‘walked’ ‘Almost’ the distance around the world!

You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip.
Psalm 18:36 ESV

*********
Join me this week in praying for those who are traveling this summer. Pray that people are careful and safe. Pray for patience, kindness, and tolerance. We've all been cooped up for a long time, and sometimes it's easy to let our emotions get the best of us. Please pray for peace and love.

I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe

#7thHourPrayerPower #bibleverse #bible #walk #cross #pilgrimage #calling 

No comments:

Post a Comment