Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Cast off your burdens

At the height of my anxiety, I met a woman online, part of the Etsy group I spoke about earlier, who had just as much going on as I did (if not more). Every day, she said she would be okay because she was giving it up to God. She said she didn't have to worry about it because she cast that burden on God and He was comforting her and working in her life, easing her anxiety. Whether she was really able to distance herself from the pain and suffering, I don't know, but I started following her example. I would give my anxieties to God and ask Him to take care of them for me. It took a lot of practice, but it helped tremendously. This is what we're supposed to do. We're supposed to talk to our Father about what troubles us and thank Him and praise Him for comforting us and guiding us. He's a fantastic listener!
     Jesus bore the ultimate burden by dying on the cross to pay our debt. We know a love so pure that it's able to wipe away our sins and give us eternal life. We can rest in this amazing love, grace, and mercy. Others will see the peace within us and want what we have which will bring glory to our Lord. So, no matter what's going on in your life, give it all up to God! In doing so, you'll glorify Him.

Cast your burden on the Lord,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be shaken.
Psalm 55:22 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are anxious and for those who suffer from anxiety.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment