Monday, September 30, 2019

Pray for humility

I struggle with pride. I always have and probably always will. Although I'm an introvert, when it comes to certain situations, I want to lead, to be in charge. I want to share my knowledge, thoughts, and feelings. (Even in this first paragraph, you can see how many times I use the word "I".)
     However, God is sovereign and every so often He'll bring me down a notch or two, setting me back on the right track to do what He wants me to do and say what He wants me to say. He reminds me that it's not about me, it's about Him and in order to bring Him glory, I need to show a more humble side and to listen better to what He and those He brings into my life have to say.
     Our light can't shine when it's shrouded in a veil of pride.

When pride comes, then comes shame;
But with the humble is wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2
I'm also praying: "Lord, please give me wisdom."

*********
Please join me this week in praying for humility, either for yourself or someone you know. If you don't know anyone who needs a dose of humility, then I humbly ask that you pray this for me.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment