Friday, September 20, 2019

Signs from God


You may think I'm crazy, but I believe that God gives me signs when I ask for them. Some Christians don't believe that He does that anymore and all I can say is, "ya-huh" (as in, 'He does too'). Either way, I would feel very remiss if I didn't share this testimony with you...
     My husband and I had a bit of a rocky start in our relationship in 2011, 2012, 2013...so I would ask God for a certain sign that everything would be okay, that my husband and I would get married someday and live happily ever after (okay, maybe that last part is a stretch). Each time, God gave me this sign and each time we worked things out and we did get married.
     Back in May of this year, God gave me that sign again, just out of the blue and I thought, "Huh. That's strange," because I didn't ask for that reassurance and as far as I was concerned my husband and I were getting along fine. Well, I got home and words were said and I moved out.
     I was so crushed that I wanted to just put everything behind me and sever all ties and even get divorce proceedings going. The whole time, God kept giving me this one sign over and over again and I was so confused even though I knew what He was trying to tell me, but I kept telling Him that I was confused, so He had the Pastor call me and tell me to "slow down." I couldn't ignore that, so I did slow down and calm down. My heart even softened. We communicated through the Pastor for a couple of days and then started texting each other, and then started seeing each other.
     We started actually communicating for the first time ever and decided we were ready to reconcile, but I still had some doubts and I wasn't sure if the timing was right to move out of my mom's house because of everything she's dealing with so I asked God for a sign. I wanted to do this in God's time not our time because up until this point, our timing hadn't been very successful, but my husband assured me that it was time and that I didn't need a sign from God to tell me that, so I listened to him - all the while feeling funny about it. I thought about King Saul not waiting for Nathan like he was instructed and you know what a disaster that was! I started thinking maybe the sign I asked for was too far-fetched, but it really wasn't impossible, just unlikely unless it was from God. My husband played this song from 1994 at our wedding and we danced to it for the first time as husband and wife. It wasn't "our song" and it wasn't even from an artist that I was particularly fond of so I couldn't remember the title or any of the lyrics when I asked this of God, but I knew that when I heard it, I would know that was the song and I would know that it was from God. I could've heard it in someone's car, or at a restaurant; it could've even become a commercial jingle, but I never heard it.
     Last night I did 2 things...1. was admit to a trusted friend my role in the failing of my marriage. 2.  was begin a Christian lesson on being a Godly wife. I'm not sure which of those 2 things did it, or if it was a combination, but I got ready for bed and started singing that song out loud. After I sang the chorus I literally was stopped in my tracks. Where did that come from?! How did that song pop in my head? And I had to drop down and give praise to God for coming through for me and giving me this clear sign that I'm doing what He wants me to do when He wants me to it. This was such a wow moment for me that my heart is just so completely replenished with love and optimism for the future. I had been depressed all week and didn't know why; now I realize it's because I felt like God didn't want me to move back in yet. All of these obstacles kept blocking my progress, but now I know that I have a green light because now I have this sign from God.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
James 1:17 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in gratitude for our Lord and Saviour. Let's give thanks for His love, mercy, and grace. Let's rejoice for His answers to our prayers.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment