Thursday, September 26, 2019

Don't worry about tomorrow

Worry. We all do it, but why? I think it's about control. We want to have control over our lives and what happens to us and that just isn't possible. It's God's plan for us and only He knows what's going to happen from day to day. It's those daily decisions that we make (free-will) that we do have control over (and often screw up) that determines how we get to the point where God wants us. It doesn't have to be difficult, but we make it that way by not listening to Him, and by not trusting in Him.
     It was really popular several years ago for people to wear these plastic bracelets that said "WWJD" or "what would Jesus do?" How much better would our lives be if we reflected on that before jumping into situations without thinking? We need to include Jesus in all of our decisions. It would be great to ask Him before making any decision, at least any major one. He will guide your heart and your mind.
     When we worry we're telling God that we don't trust Him to take care of us. We're saying "I've got this" and "I don't need You." I know from experience that whenever I try to go it alone, it never works out well. I turned my back on God for over thirty years and it was awful. Every decision I made was a bad one and seemed to lead from bad to worse until I had the worst panic attack of my life. I was sure I was having a heart attack and that I was going to die. It was then that I prayed and asked Him for help. He delivered.
     These are some of my favorite verses for when I'm worried or anxious and I often email them to others when they're troubled. I suggest reading Matthew 6:25-34 for the complete picture of what Jesus was saying.

Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, 
and all these things shall be added to you. 
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, 
for tomorrow will worry about its own things. 
Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:27,33-34 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for those who are anxious and for those who suffer from anxiety.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment