Friday, October 11, 2019

Assurance in suffering

I love that when I'm in the Word, God provides information from it as research for our prayer group. I'm in multiple bible study groups and each one of them has seemingly overlapped the past week or two. This week, our Women's Group is studying from the "Seamless" book/videos and the author, Angie Smith is talking about suffering. God's timing is perfect.
     First of all, I want to share 2 bible verses that she shared:
Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him.
John 9:1-3 NKJV
He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
Psalm 103:10 NKJV
Remember those whenever life seems to be getting you down, and draw hope from them.
     I'm probably repeating myself, but when my late husband discovered that his cancer was stage 4 he just kept saying that God hated him. God didn't hate him. God used his disease to save other people's lives, to draw me closer to Him, and I believe to draw my late husband closer to Him, also. There were several other "reasons" that I feel it happened and after the fact was able to see how God used this for His plan in His time. The other part of it was that since we have free will, our decisions can have a huge impact on the things that happen to us. We can't just wander around without consequences if we're going to go against what God expects of us. Kenny drank a lot and that predisposed him to colon cancer. He felt like something was wrong for years but never went to see a doctor about it. Those kinds of decisions lead to unfavorable consequences.
     I draw reassurance in knowing that whatever is going on in my life, God will ultimately use it for good.

P.S. as for the photo for today, I searched for "assurance" just to see what would show up and I got a lot of images that looked like they were more for "insurance", but when I came across this car, I thought, "Yes this is bad, but, no one was injured." (I try to be a "glass half full type of person".)

*********
Please join me this week in praying for someone who is suffering, whether it's physically, mentally, or emotionally. Pray that they are comforted by God's love and find strength and hope through Him.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment