Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Clothe yourselves with humility

We don't like to get called out, do we? It hurts our pride. It's like falling down in front of a group of people and no matter how they react, our pride is bruised more than our body.
     There have been several times I've gone to the Pastor to talk about something that's bothering me and he'll ask "Isn't that just pride?" My first reaction and immediate response are "No!," because for it to be pride means that it's on me and it's my attitude that needs to change. It means that I can't blame anyone else and that no excuse in the world is going to come off sounding like anything but a lame defense of my pride. I do try to argue it though because pride won't initially allow me to relent and accept defeat.
     Eventually, I accept what he's said and realize that he's right (as usual). Once I relent, I feel lighter. I don't even realize how much it weighs me down until I let it go. Let go of pride and try strapping on humility instead. It will change everything.

...Clothe yourselves, all of you, 
with humility toward one another, for 
“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
1 Peter 5:5b ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for humility, either for yourself or someone you know. If you don't know anyone who needs a dose of humility, then I humbly ask that you pray this for me.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment