Sunday, October 20, 2019

Strength through Christ

The book of Philippians is Paul's letter to the people of Phillipi while he is under house arrest. In these passages toward the end of his letter, he's thanking them for their generosity. They had been helping Paul meet his minimal needs whenever possible so that he could concentrate on his ministry. He learned how to be content with whatever he had even though there were times that he went hungry and times he suffered.
     The Pastor recently preached on this last chapter of Philippians and stated that 4:13 is the most quoted and the most misquoted Bible verse. He said it was misquoted because it was taken out of context, so I'm including verses 10-12 also and giving you the brief synopsis above so you can have the background information leading up to this verse.
     Personally, I cling to it as a standalone verse. My intent here is not to teach you, only to share what I feel are relevant bible verses and some personal stories to accompany the subjects of our prayers for the week. But since I recently learned this information, I decided to share it as well and you can take away what you want from it.
     Just remember, God is our Father. Go to Him with thanksgiving and with needs. Don't hesitate to ask for help. I derive strength through Christ.
But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:10-13 NKJV (emphasis mine)
Remember to share this with someone who's struggling.

*********
Please join me this week in spreading encouragement to those who are struggling spiritually, mentally, or physically.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment