Sunday, March 8, 2020

Ancient paths

I used to get frustrated when reading the Old Testament because these people just would not obey God! He provided for them, He spoke with them, He even traveled with them throughout the Exodus, yet they would not obey! It took years for me to see that the same was true of me. God provides for me, He speaks with me, and He even travels with me each and every day, whether I acknowledge His presence or not. He is just as much a part of our lives today as He was with the Israelites of old.
How often do we reject His wonderful gifts?

For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, 
“In returning and rest you shall be saved; 
in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” 
But you were unwilling,
Isaiah 30:15 ESV

Thus says the Lord:
“Stand in the ways and see,
And ask for the old paths, where the good way is,
And walk in it;
Then you will find rest for your souls.
But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’
Also, I set watchmen over you, saying,
‘Listen to the sound of the trumpet!’
But they said, ‘We will not listen.’
Jeremiah 6:16-17 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for rest for the weary. Pray that they receive a peaceful heart and mind.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment