Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Daylight Savings Time ramble

I haven't slept well since Saturday night with the time change. It's kind of funny that when I travel across different time zones, it only takes me a day or two to adjust, but when I stay home and time changes, it messes up my sleep which clouds my brain (that's my excuse) and I can't seem to focus. It takes me a week to get turned around.
     I just read an article on "why" we have Daylight Saving Time to refresh my memory. I think I would be okay with just leaving it on DST.
     None of this has anything to do with acceptance except that I'm complaining about something that's been around since 1966 instead of accepting that this is the way it is, I can't do anything about it, and by this time next week, I'll quit trying to figure out what time it "really" is.
     I honestly couldn't get out what I wanted to talk about and so just started writing and thus you have this rabbit trail. And, I cannot think how to bring this back around to our topic, so I'll just leave you with a quote of acceptance from Jesus:

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, 
and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
John 6:37 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for an accepting and understanding heart. Pray that we focus on why we're here and not get caught up in the things of man. Pray for harmony and a united front as members of the Church.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment