Friday, March 6, 2020

Peace be with you

For years I had trouble sleeping because my mind would not seem to shut off. I tried meditation, I followed all of the "rules" like no screentime within an hour before bed, (I can't remember the rest of them now), I even tried a self-hypnosis app. None of it worked. I don't know for certain, but it sure seemed like when I started being in the word every night and praying consistently that a lot of things changed for me. I can fall asleep on my own now and I just feel more at peace.
     Philippians 4:6 comes to mind so often but this morning I copied verse 7 also and a God thing just happened. I wrote that last sentence "...I just feel more at peace." and then I read verse 7: "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,..." I didn't plan that. Maybe I'm not making any sense but I've been really stressed out this week and trying to get back to that peace. I even yelled at Satan the other day to "give it up" which seemed to help a lot! He was stealing my joy and I was sick of it.
     Peace be with you.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything 
by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving 
let your requests be made known to God. 
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for rest for the weary. Pray that they receive a peaceful heart and mind.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment