Saturday, March 7, 2020

I give you peace

One of the devotionals I'm reading is based on 'be still and know I am God...' and it pointed out that the bible mentions multiple times that Jesus went off and prayed. If it was important for Jesus to do, as the Son of the Living God, then it's surely even more important for us to do. We need to have that communication with the Father on a daily basis.
     Plus, think about it...our God allows us to talk to Him and He communicates back with us. Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed when I realize that He's answered me, my prayer directly. After all, who am I that I should have an audience with the Creator of all things? I'm nobody. Yet He takes the time to listen to me and He answers me. It's yet another gift He gives His children. We need to cherish that. He wants to hear from us.
     Through this communication with the Father, we can obtain peace. I feel like I have that (most of the time). This kind of peace is so wonderful, it's a relief from anxiety that I get when I give up all of the stress in my life to Him. I give them to Him and then I can just rest in the knowledge that He'll take care of it.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. 
Not as the world gives do I give to you. 
Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14:27 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for rest for the weary. Pray that they receive a peaceful heart and mind.
I'll post daily reminders on:


No comments:

Post a Comment