Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Be Still

A New Normal - part 2

God has been urging me, pretty relentlessly, I might add, to just stop and be still. For some reason, I've been fighting Him for days before finally realizing that I didn't have the strength to keep doing that.
     After talking to a few people, I realize that I was fighting being still due to anxiety. Until this coronavirus took over, I was pretty busy, as in work all day and then some sort of meeting or gathering or activity most evenings. This virus cleared my calendar and that was kind of daunting.
See all the X's? (The rest I blurred)
      Not that I could possibly ever be bored because I always have a massive to-do list of cleaning, organizing, correspondence, plus I'm working(? if you can call it that) on several books, plus prayer time, and bible time and online friends and groups, etc... Oh, and I consider myself an introvert so having this time alone should be ideal, but still, there was anxiety. I think you've probably all seen that post on FB:
That was what I felt like God was saying to me and I'm so embarrassed to admit that I did not relent to just being still, even though I knew that's what He wanted me to do.
     Today, He made it so I just couldn't put it off anymore (thankfully). So, what did He want to tell me? One - write this blog post. Encourage everyone to stop what they're doing to try to cope, to try to help, and just be still. Open your mind and let Him in and He will guide you, and give you comfort and peace to get through this most unusual period of time.
     And two - well, it's a little complicated so all I could do was sketch it out. You take away from it what you want, but I believe the short of it is, let go of the problems of this world and keep your focus on God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit. "Focus" came to mind 3 times, that's why they're circled, so I think that's the most important part. Keep your focus where it should be. We keep wanting to root ourselves in this world, but it is so very temporary. Focus on your eternal future by utilizing your spiritual gift(s) that God has chosen specifically for you to do His will. Through that, you will find peace and joy and comfort and courage for your soul.
Take today and just, BE STILL.

Be still, and know that I am God;
Psalm 46:10a

No comments:

Post a Comment