Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Rest at the end of a bad day

Yesterday was just an awful day for me and I didn't handle it well. It seems like whenever I'm consistently in the word, and in prayer, whenever I'm at peace, resting in God's grace, Satan has to step in stir the pot. He stirred up a lot yesterday. It started as soon as I got to work and I never could calm down after that.
     There's a lot of stress with drawing building plans for a living because once the drawings are finished, we have to send them in for plan review which can take up to 30 days. The way the system works plans examiners can then reject the plans for whatever reason they want. They can reject them by sending out a list of things for us to "fix" that are already on the drawings, but because they rejected it, we have to respond to it. Most of the time our clients understand this but every so often we get one that calls us every single day to see if we're finished. They lay guilt trips on us saying they're losing all of this money every day that the project is delayed, etc. The stress is increased when they hound my boss because then he doubles the pressure on me.
     I realize that this is so very trivial in the grand scheme of things, but it kind of falls in with what we're praying about this week. I had rest and peace and stillness in the Lord, but I let this one series of events get the better of me. I didn't like the anger and resentment that filled my heart for the entire day. I felt horrible about the thoughts that went through my mind. I felt ashamed at how I handle the whole thing.
     Today is a new day and I can begin again; refreshed from a night of rest and from time in prayer with my Lord and Saviour. I pass a church sign on the way to the office that says, "Peace in the Lord is your strength". I'll meditate on that peace before heading to the office today.
     Whatever you're going through, big or small, know that God is there for you.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, 
for I am gentle and lowly in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:29 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for rest for the weary. Pray that they receive a peaceful heart and mind.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power



No comments:

Post a Comment