Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Faith as a mustard seed

I love this phrase, "if you have faith as a mustard seed..." Jesus was saying that as long as we have faith, no matter how small, we can do great things.
     Yesterday morning I had a God experience and I'd like to share it with you as best as I can. My faith has been all over the board throughout my life. As a youth, I was very involved with my church, I took my bible to school with me, I shared my faith, invited people to church. Then, for some unknown reason, when I moved away to college, I moved away from God. For twenty years, I went through life without Him although He never left my side. Then, one day I had chest pains. I thought I was having a heart attack. My immediate response wasn't to call someone but instead, to get down on the floor and pray, which is what I did. Later, when I went home, I dug through my bins of memorabilia until I found my bibles. I plunged into the word and have stayed there ever since. Like the Prodigal Son, I guess I thought I could go it alone, and God let me go out into the world without His comfort, but when I hit rock bottom, I knew that the only place to go was back to Him.
     This past year and a half, I've finally worked through some pride issues and have been praying that God leads me to do His will. My New Year's theme this year is "Devotion and Faith" (blog post still to come) and I have jumped in with both feet. I wish there was a way to convey the change it has made in me.
     Yesterday, I was singing in the shower, "I believe in God the Father, I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in the Holy Spirit, who's given us new life." Those are the only words I know to the song and so I just kept singing them over and over again. And then, God reached out to me. He started putting statements and images and memories in my head like a, well, like I guess it would be if your life flashed before your eyes. Anyway, it's impossible to describe the feeling, but what He was telling me was how all of these events of my past have led to this point and what I'm to devote my time to now.
     What this means is that I'll be writing more and praying more and sharing more and I may sound a little crazy at times, but I just want to shake the world up and let people know that God is real and He really is with us day in and day out. I can't understand why He would communicate so effectively with little 'ole me because I'm a nobody; I don't have a big following, no "platform" or anything. I'm not special in any way, but the only thing I can think of is that I've been listening intentionally and intently lately. I pray out loud so Satan can hear me and know that I'm pushing him out the door and that I'm all in as far as what God has planned for me. I pray in the morning, while I'm driving, whenever God does something for me, I say 'thank you', and I pray before bed. And I try to listen for Him when I'm finished in case He has something to say.
     I'm just overwhelmed and want to share this with the whole world. If you think I'm crazy, I'm sorry, but I'm not. So, I'm urging you again today to pray without ceasing. Pray fervently and intently. Keep God close.

Please pray that these brothers and sisters in Christ be healed:
D.D. who is having double or triple bypass surgery this Tuesday or Wednesday
D.A. who has leukemia
B.F. who is dying from cancer
S.S. who has pancreatic cancer
M.W. who has a lung or respiratory disease
T.H. who has stage 4 cancer
G.&P.T. a couple with multiple health concerns
A.N. a newborn with a possible vascular tumor in her hand. She's having an MRI done Wednesday morning. Please pray that the doctors figure out what's wrong and that it's not life-threatening.
S.S. suffers from chronic pain due to CRPS and damaged nerves
J.F. heart condition in hospice
D.I. diagnosed stage 4 prostate cancer, great pain
C.T. seeing the surgeon Tuesday, 3 more chemos before surgery
P.B. a friend of hers, Dad is sick
H.C. chronically ill
W.C. severe diabetes

Send me anyone you would like for us to pray for this week to archadia7@yahoo.com and put in the subject line Prayer Request.

Remember to pray with your whole heart and believe that God will heal these people!

...if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
Matthew 17:20b-21

*********
Please join me this week in praying for healing for these brothers and sisters in Christ who are suffering from disease or illness. Pray boldly and with your whole heart, knowing that whatever we ask for and do not doubt, God will do.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment