Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Using our spiritual gifts

Use your spiritual gifts for the edification of the church body
One of the things God is leading me to do is to write down other women's stories. I'm extremely excited about it especially because I've spent the last nine years working on writing my story and have always felt that it was not what God wanted me to do, so now I get why. ... Okay, so I was going to leave this next part out, but then decided, Nah - so if you want to debate this, go for it, but I don't feel like it - this is just my opinion ... This is how I see free-will versus God's plan. I had the freedom to choose to write my story because it was something I really, really wanted to do, so I did it, feeling that it wasn't part of God's plan for me, so He let me go down that 9-year-long rabbit trail that led nowhere for my own personal satisfaction and then He posted a detour sign that brought me back to His path for me. Isn't that just awesome?!
     I thought about bringing up this new venture in our women's bible study group Sunday morning but then decided against it until I was closer to being ready to start, till I was more organized, etc. In our group we were talking about judgment (Romans) and that we're all sinners and to never forget our own testimonies, our own past and someone said, "We each have a story to tell" and I realized that if that wasn't God telling me to share, then I don't know what else it could've been, so I shared.
     One of the women who I had in mind to interview anyway came up to me after group and said that her brother has been telling her for years that she should write down her story. That about knocked me over and I said "I would love to write it," so that's my first project and I'm super psyched about it! I can't wait to get started!!!
     Then, the sermon started out about we should be for each other, not ourselves (so I took that as writing about others instead of myself - another 'whoa' moment!). Then, the sermon went on to talk about some of the same things we were talking about in women's group even though it was a different subject, it still touched on the same things we were discussing which seems to happen a lot whenever we study, but I guess this is probably enough sharing for today.
     To bring this back around to our topic for this week, our Pastor had a few stories about other churches and it's really heartbreaking, so encouragement, lifting each other up, growing the church through mission work circled back around (in my thought process) to growing, caring, and maintaining the churches we have here at home. So, if you're part of a church that seems to be slipping in attendance, consider praying about how you can use your spiritual gifts to help heal the church body.

What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up.
1 Corinthians 14:26 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the healing and growth of our local churches.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment