Friday, January 24, 2020

Church attendance

4 in 10 people don't attend church because they aren't believers. Of the other 6 in 10 people, 7 out of 10 of them feel affiliated with a religion and 6 out of those 10 consider themselves Christian.  I found this really great article about church attendance (and is where I found the above stats), if you're interested, please give it a read by clicking here.
     I read somewhere else that 42% of Millennials and 54% of Gen-Xers attend church. Honestly, that's a lot better than I expected. While that's still a decline, it doesn't seem hopeless. I've probably already shared this but when I went away to college, there was a church right next to my dorm. I was able to go for Jazzercise classes there, but could never get myself motivated to go there for church services on Sunday mornings. It's so regrettable how much time I wasted back then not serving the Lord. But, that was then and this is now and we should let go of the past and live in the present.
     Let's lift up those who don't attend church and pray for the revitalization of our neighborhood churches.
And I tell you, you are Peter, *
and on this rock I will build my church, 
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 16:18 ESV

*Peter, derived from the Greek Petros meaning "stone" was the name Jesus gave to His disciple Simon.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the healing and growth of our local churches.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment