Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Laborers for the harvest

During my time at missions training, one of the bible verses that came up often was Luke 10:2 (NKJV):
Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, 
but the laborers are few; 
therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.

     I met so many people who have a missionary's heart and longed to go out into the field but their calling was instead here, in the U.S. Many of them had already dedicated a number of years living abroad but for one reason or another had to return home. They did so without complaining and they understood their role and how they were better serving the missionary work by staying put. Some of them organize mission trips, others raise money, still others train the next generation of missionaries. In a real sense, they are sending out many missionaries who will be able to save many unreached people groups instead of being an individual overseas who would be able to save a few. We as the church still need many, many more laborers to go out into the harvest, but we also need those at home who support those abroad.
     Personally, I long to go out on a mission but realize now that it isn't my calling. I'm aware of my spiritual gifts and am focused on using them as God directs me. I'll continue to serve at Target Dayton and hopefully, in the near future, will learn some skills and become more confident at sharing the gospel with strangers. Maybe at that time, God will send me out, but until then I'm here, praying for the unreached people, for the missionaries who serve them, and for those who haven't yet answered their calling to open their minds and hearts to where Jesus is sending them.

Do all things without complaining and disputing, 
Philippians 2:14 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for our missionaries. Pray for their safety and pray that they may bring others to Christ.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment