Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The enemy

We don't spend nearly enough time talking about Satan. He is constantly in our midst, trying to reel us in. Yes, we're saved and he cannot take that away from us, but he can meddle in our lives and deter us from doing God's work. The more I grow in my faith and my commitment to focus only on Jesus, the more Satan seems to be a factor in my life. He deceives me, distracts me. He meddles in my relationships with others, especially the unsaved.
     I have felt so exhausted lately and there doesn't seem to be nearly enough hours in the day to do everything I've committed to. This keeps me from my devotionals, and even my prayer time. Sometimes it takes me a few days to realize what's going on, but then I'm able to re-focus and pray fervently for help against the enemy.
     This isn't exactly related to mission work, but it could be in that sometimes when we're called to serve, Satan fills us with self-doubt about our abilities to serve, time available, resources, whatever it takes to keep us from answering God's calling. Be aware of what he's capable of. Suit up with the full armor of God,* and then press on.
*Ephesians 6:10-18

And let us not grow weary while doing good, 
for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 
Therefore, as we have opportunity, 
let us do good to all, 
especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Galatians 6:9-10 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for our missionaries. Pray for their safety and pray that they may bring others to Christ.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment