Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Church family

I used to think it was fine to stay home and worship instead of going to church but realized that it was nothing like physically attending church. I would listen to sermons online and even take notes but it wasn't consistent and I couldn't ask questions and of course, I was missing out on that special fellowship a church family has. Whenever I hear of someone who's lonely, I really try to encourage them to start attending church. A church family is extremely special; there's an indescribable bond there that you just don't find anywhere else.
     Some people may leave the church because it's easier to listen to a sermon online or watch a televised service (beware of some of those Pastors, please). Maybe they have health issues (physical, mental, or emotional) that may prevent them from going or feeling able to go. If you know someone who can go but doesn't, please encourage them to attend a physical church. Offer them a ride if necessary. Try to relate to them the spiritual experience of worshipping with other believers.
     If they cannot attend a physical church, please consider visiting with them, maybe listening to an online sermon together. God is with us always. He never leaves us or forsakes us.

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
Matthew 18:20 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the healing and growth of our local churches.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment