Monday, February 10, 2020

Humility like Christ

Back in the day when Pastors would say that we need to be Christ-like, I jumped to the conclusion that they were telling us to be perfect (which is impossible, in my mind) and whenever I tried to be perfect, I failed miserably (of course). But now I'm seeing it a little differently. To me, it's more of a heart thing, and/or attitude. To be Christ-like is maybe more about how we handle situations and treat others. As it says in John 13:15: "For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you." From the verses below, I see Jesus' characteristic of humility, so today I'll strive to be more humble. What characteristic(s) of Jesus do you see that you incorporate into your life?

You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
John 13:13-17 NKJV



*********
Please join me this week in praying to be more like Jesus, being His image-bearers to the unbelievers of the world that they may see Him through us.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment