Thursday, February 6, 2020

Sharing the Gospel with strangers


This was one of my favorite videos out of all of the ones I've watched over the past week because it seemed like the most "organic" way to share the gospel and the method that would be most comfortable for me to approach the subject.

A simple outline of what he said:
1. Explore
 - Observe
 - Ask questions
2. Stimulate
 - Bridging from the conversation to the gospel
3. Share
 - testimony
 - Good News

It's my personal opinion that it would be difficult to share the gospel with a total stranger, and it's funny that that's the title of the video since his first step involves getting to know the person. There are gifted people out there who can go up to a stranger and ask, "do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?"
There are others who are able to start talking to someone at the next gas pump and by the time their tank is full, they've shared the Good News. Neither of those scenarios is going to be accomplished by me, so I need to find methods (and I really hate calling it a method, but when we're trying to learn a new skill, that's the only word that comes to mind) that will work with my spiritual gifts, knowledge, personality, etc. It needs to come from my heart.
     My husband shared this bible verse with me and it reminded me that when I was saved, I was transformed and people can just see that, whether they realize what they're witnessing or not. 

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, 
and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, 
they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.
Acts 4:13

Remember, God is with us always and forever. The Holy Spirit resides in each one of us. Jesus is our Savior. 

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the wisdom, courage, and words necessary to share the gospel, utilizing our spiritual gifts, in such a way that will plant seeds and ultimately bear fruit for the Kingdom of God.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment