Monday, February 3, 2020

What is the Gospel?

We're all called to share the Gospel, the Good News, but how do we do that? What does that look like? What do we say?
     I've personally been struggling with this for some time but have not yet gotten any concrete answers to my long list of questions. So, I've taken to the internet to see what I can find.
     My thinking is that since I have these questions, that maybe some of you do also, so I thought we would spend this week learning the answers to those questions from some online resources together. If at any time you see something that you feel isn't biblical, please let me know and I'll take it down. My intent is to share what's out there, not to teach, since I am no authority on any of this.
     My study bible says that 1 Corinthians 15:1-5 is Paul's summary of the gospel, so let's start there:
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
1 Corinthians 15:1-5 NKJV

From the Bible Project: What does the word "gospel" mean?

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the wisdom, courage, and words necessary to share the gospel, utilizing our spiritual gifts, in such a way that will plant seeds and ultimately bear fruit for the Kingdom of God.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power




No comments:

Post a Comment