Sunday, February 9, 2020

Orality

I think I shared about the orality class I took at Missions College, but if not, a brief recap: "orality" is a means of teaching the bible to people who either don't have a Bible in their heart language, or don't read, or whose culture is such that story-telling is the means in which they share information. (That's just my own definition.) It was a fantastic class that taught me much more than just storytelling, but also in how to look for the characteristics of God (and man) in every bible event. So, I was excited when I came across this video in which he shares the gospel in just 90 seconds.

     If you're interested in more resources, I came across this website navigators.org which seems to be pretty great and has a lot of information available.
     I really hope you've enjoyed this week and have gotten something out of it. It's a little different than our normal prayers, but it is so important to know this material and to take the time to commit these bible verses to memory. I encourage you to do more research and continue to work on becoming comfortable sharing your faith with others. I'm told by others that it just takes practice, and praying about it.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Matthew 28:19-20 (NKJV)

*********
Please join me this week in praying for the wisdom, courage, and words necessary to share the gospel, utilizing our spiritual gifts, in such a way that will plant seeds and ultimately bear fruit for the Kingdom of God.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment