Monday, February 17, 2020

Pray for a married couple

The Pastor has mentioned a few times that there are several couples in our church who are struggling in their marriages. My husband and I used to be one of those couples.
     I feel so grateful and blessed that we were able to reconcile and I attribute it all to God. He answered my prayers by sending our Pastor to intervene and mediate for us at a time when communication (or lack thereof) was our downfall. I'll share more about this in the coming days.
     Some of the bible verses I share this week may rub you the wrong way, but they are the word of God and as such, we have to honor what they say. I believe at the root of most marital woes is a lack of adhering to this command:
However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, 
and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
Ephesians 5:33 ESV

*********
Please join me this week in praying for a married couple whose relationship is in trouble. If you don't know anyone whose marriage is struggling, please pray for the ones at my church. I don't know who they are, but God does and will hear our prayers to lift these couples up and soften their hearts.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment