Thursday, February 13, 2020

Walk the walk

Being a Christian is so much more than just saying we believe. Once we are saved (Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved), we are making a commitment to live our lives differently. People should interact with us and be able to see something different that sets us apart from non-believers. They should see the characteristics of Christ in us: humility, loving-kindness, peace, patience, love, hope, a servant's heart, virtuous, obedient, giving, charitable, forgiving, compassionate. If they see that, they'll want to know our "secret," giving us the opportunity to share the gospel. All last week we learned how to 'talk the talk' so now it's time to focus on how we can 'walk the walk.' Pray about it. God answers all prayers. Just yesterday evening, He answered a prayer I prayed on the way home from work. I'll talk about that on Saturday or Sunday's post.
     As you all know, I'm constantly working on curbing my pride. When I was saved, I didn't change overnight, in fact, I don't think I changed my habits significantly at all. I rested in the love of Jesus, but I didn't necessarily reciprocate. It's been 40 years and I'm just now working everything out (I think. I hope). I really regret those "lost years" but there's nothing I can do about them so I just need to do what I can now, in this time and pray for guidance to keep moving forward in His will.

 For we are His workmanship, 
created in Christ Jesus for good works, 
which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

*********
Please join me this week in praying to be more like Jesus, being His image-bearers to the unbelievers of the world that they may see Him through us.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power


No comments:

Post a Comment