Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Words and meditation

How did you do yesterday with your words? I did okay; not great. There were so many "opportunities" for negative comments that I just followed the advice of Thumper's papa, "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all." However, it occurred to me that if I'm going to do this right, I need to also work on my mind and heart.
     This morning, I opened my list of relevant bible verses, and this one was the very first one:

Let the words of my mouth 
and the meditation of my heart 
be acceptable in your sight, 
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14 ESV

     How perfect. This will be part of my daily prayers while God helps me with this.

*********
Please join me this week in praying for God to give us positive, Christ-honoring language. Pray for wisdom and discernment. Pray that through our language, others will see Christ through us and be drawn to Him.
I'll post daily reminders on:
twitter @7DegreesOfMe
Instagram @archadia27
Facebook group 7th Hour Prayer Power

No comments:

Post a Comment